Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wastin' Time on the InterWeb

Ah, the information super-highway. The world but a mouse click away. But have you ever really stopped to think about how much time we all really just waste surfing the Internet and world wide web? Like right now, for example; why are you reading my blog? My blog, of all blogs you could be reading. All I do is rant about stuff that strikes me funny or irritating or interesting. There's nothing much to learn here. You could be reading the news or something educational. But instead, you read my drivel.


Some of you have read me complain about how I have more books in my personal library than I'll ever get done reading. Well, this is why. Because I'm always online, wasting time. I'd like to say that I'm doing research for more meaningful essays to post on here, but mainly I'm just looking at boobies and checking sports scores and the occasional article about Magic: The Gathering or Dungeons & Dragons. Now that hockey season is over for my two favorite teams and the weekend is the only time golf tournaments are played, I'll be mainly looking at boobies.


So, what kills your free time online? Leave a comment... maybe it'll even lead to a discussion, which of course will be ironic because it means we'll all be wasting time online to do it. :-)


~ JC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm i am an internet junkie as well..i like to look at pretty much everything but my fav is www.divinetomfoolery.com


Jimmy

Unknown said...

a favorite of mine as well sir... got to love the shameless plug ;-)

~ JC