Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Evening Bloggin’

Normally I enjoy blogging on Sunday mornings. You know, grab a cup of coffee, put on some music, sit down at ye old PC to do my weekly cathartic activity. Today was, obviously, different as I’m blogging from my laptop and it’s after 6:00pm.

I’m almost always the first one up. Having to be at work at 7:30 am five days out of the week, my internal clock just tends to wake me early, even on weekends with no alarm set. Today, though, my fianceé was the first to rise because she was heading out of town to visit her brother in college and watch his choral performance. I got up a few minutes after, but my routine was still thrown a tiny bit off. Instead of starting the blog, I started my laundry (naturally, a pot of coffee was put on to brew prior to even the laundry being attempted).

After that, and after my fianceé left for her road trip, I have to admit, I was a bit unsure of what to do next. I ended up flipping channels on the TV for an hour or so. I even attempted to go back to bed for a late morning nap, but couldn’t fall asleep. So, I decided to take a shower while my last load of laundry was in the dryer.

Prior to the shower, though, my best friend called to ask me if I wanted to meet him and his girlfriend for a late lunch - to which I agreed. So, clean and shaven, I headed to the grocery store for a few things and then headed out to meet them for a wonderful lunch at the sushi buffet.

So, now that the aforementioned laundry has been folded and put away and the dishwasher has been emptied, I can relax in front of the TV or perhaps getting a little reading done. But, most importantly, I can post this blog and keep on track for my goal of actually posting every Sunday for 52 straight weeks for the first time since I started this project.

~ JC

No comments: