Sunday, June 10, 2012

RIP Ray Bradbury

In case you had not heard, science-fiction author Ray Bradbury passed away this past Tuesday (June 5, 2012) at the age of 91. A few years ago, I read and wrote a blog about his novel Fahrenheit 451. I hate to admit it, but up until his passing, that was the only novel or story of his I had ever read. I managed to get my hands on an epub copy of Ray Bradbury Stories, Volume 1 a few days ago and have since read a couple of his short stories (‘All Summer in a Day’ and ‘The Long Rain’). I can’t believe I’ve never taken the time to read more of his works. I mean, how can I claim to be a science-fiction fan and not have read Bradbury? It’s like saying you're a fan of fantasy and have never read Tolkien. Now that I’ve read a bit (albeit a very small bit) of his writing, I can’t wait to read more. I’ll start with the collection of short stories I have, and probably re-read Fahrenheit 451, but if anyone has any suggestions out there for what of Mr. Bradbury’s to read next, I’d appreciate it.

~ JC

------

Other Links:

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/06/06/ray-bradbury-rachel-bloom-music-video/ -
(word of warning - I wouldn't play this one at work)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Bradbury

No comments: