Sunday, August 19, 2012

Round IS a Shape, Right?

When I first moved from North Carolina to Georgia in October 2010, my pant size was a 48-inch waist. In a little less than a year I was down to a 40-inch waist.  Now I’m back up to around 42-inch waist. While not a terribly dramatic increase, it does prove to show me that I need to get my fat ass off the couch and start being more active like I was when I first moved down here.

For the last year or more I’ve been paying $15 per month for a gym membership that I’ve not been using. So, there’s the first thing - start going to the gym again, even if, at first, all I do is walk on a treadmill for awhile (I could even get some reading done at the same time; two birds, one stone). The other thing is, since I work on the third floor of my office building, is start using the stairs more often instead of the elevator.

As far as eating habits, I’ve still managed to do ok in that department, but I do need to lay off the snacks after 8:00pm.

Round may very well be a shape, but it’s not the shape I want to be in.

~ JC

No comments: