Saturday, October 14, 2006

It's Hockey Season, BABY!!!

The NHL 2006-07 season is well under way with opening night having been about a week and a half ago. My beloved Carolina Hurricanes, the defending Stanley Cup Champions, are off to a slow start losing their first four, but winning their last two, including a very decisive victory over the Pittsburg Penguins by a score of 6-1. The 'Canes are now 2-3-1 with 7 points in the standings.

Speaking of hockey, I'm quite perplexed over the cable station "Versus" (formerly known as "The Outdoor Life Network" [OLN]). They are supposedly the "official network of the NHL" and yet they never seems to telecast any games. Their broadcast schedule suggests that they should have a game on just about every night of the week, but when I tune in, all I see is fishing and bull-riding. Guys! If you're going to call yourself the "offical network" of a league, then show some friggin' games!

In other hockey news, my other favorite team, the Fayetteville FireAntz of the Southern Professional Hockey League, are about to begin training camp and will begin their 2006-07 campaign on October 27. With a new head coach and several core players already re-signed, it's looking very exciting.

Until next time,
~ JC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

James, you need to trust me when I tell you the Caines will pick it up. You know I adopted the Caines but, in my heart of hearts I am a RED WINGS fan. That being said, and my love of the game, I still feel that that the Caines have a great shot to repeat for Lord Stanley's Cup. So even though I am on the other side of the world, I still have my yahoo to follow the season. James, as always, thanks for staying in touch and keeping me informed.

Cave Man

Unknown said...

Addendum... I mistakenly said the Hurricanes had 7 points in the standings. Their record is 2-3-1 (2 winds, 3 losses, 1 OT loss). Two points are awarded for a win, and one point for an OT loss, which would mean that they have 5 points not 7. My bad! ~ JC