Sunday, January 01, 2012

First Blog of 2012

I don't really have a topic for today's blog. But then again, that's why I call the thing “Carlisle's Chaotic Commentary”. It's been a pretty awesome ride over the last twelve months. 2012, for me, sparked a career path into Information Technology (finally). I found a good job, then found an even better job. At the beginning of 2011, I was still working a crappy, minimum wage, retail job. Now I make enough that I can afford an apartment without the assistance of a roommate (not that having someone to split the bills with hasn't been pretty awesome). To that end, I've finally moved my fiancee to Atlanta. We've started making our home look like a home with real furniture, and we've started looking at other places due to the lease expiring at the end of February and the fact that I can afford better now, than I could when I moved into where I'm at.

Everyone always hopes for the new year to be more awesome than the one prior. For me, my awesome 2012 began in the Fall of 2011 when I got hired at my current job and Roxanne moved down from North Carolina. The only thing left is for her to catch that same big break that I did, which I'm confident will happen soon.

And, maybe I'll start blogging more again in 2012. But like my friend Jimmy once pointed out, I tend to blog more when I'm pissed or upset, and I really haven't had much to rant about lately. Maybe I just need to start writing happy blogs? Nah... ;-)

~ JC

No comments: